In today’s business world with the amount of economic downturn and loss happening every day, the need for reliable, yet affordable technology is needed more than ever; cloud computing fills that void. Cloud computing offers its customers reliable service at flexible prices that do not break the bank. However, as good and innovative as cloud computing may be, it does not necessarily mean that cloud computing is good for all businesses.
Cloud computing is an internet-based model of computing, where the shared information, software and resources are provided to computers and other devices upon demand.
Let’s take a look at the Advantages and Disadvantages:
- Reduced setup costs can be considered as a major advantage for cloud computing, since the costs involved in setting up a data center are not very high
- In addition to the IT industry, even small scale businesses can adopt this environment
- Considering cloud computing from the aspect of power management, it serves as a virtual server which is easier to implement in comparison to physical servers
- Hardware management failure can also be localized and rectified with relative ease
- The cloud computing environments are easily scalable
- A major disadvantage in cloud computing is that it is under the maintenance and supervision of a third party. Hence the confidentiality and security measures are less secured
- Another major drawback is the dependence on network connectivity. Network failures can result in loss to the company by causing extensive time delays
- In cloud environments the data is not specifically segregated. It is distributed throughout the cloud network and causes problems when specific data needs to be segregated
Most of the companies have built services that use cloud computing to predict the market, tailor pricing and optimize their procurement and manufacturing. Moreover, the companies have come up with different Internet consumer services like social networking, email and Internet that use cloud computing. Cloud computing is considered to be better than other computing, meaning it offers better services and features than other computing options.
Cloud solutions by Dusky Cloud Technology are customized according to your corporate environment. We do not plan to revamp the complete infrastructure- but handhold our customers while taking a few steps of change all the way to the next level of growth.